northeast pa???

northeast pa???

Postby mmmdrum » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:22 am

im in warren county nj...any ideas how far northeast it may be possible to find some color??

thanks again,matt.

Postby Jkrem » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 am

Check out the glacial map at this address:

Supposedly the yellow lines mark deposits of glacial till. Hope this helps.

Postby goldpanner » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey,,, I seen a Warren County NJ post,,, I live there too.... once read that gold crystals were found in South Harmony NJ , warren county. I live there and alot of metamorhic rock /

Postby pacomdiver » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 pm

is there any in the delaware? the map shows yellow it the area, but ive only found lots of black sand, but no color

Postby goldpanner » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:15 pm

You know one of the minerals on display in the Franklin Zinc mine museum and found at that mine is gold, and its visable. I am sure that NJ has it in other places as a host metal.

Postby jsgoldny » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:35 pm

goldpanner, you will have to come up next year and visit us in the Finger Lakes area of NY. Yes we do have gold here. jsgoldny :D

Re: northeast pa???

Postby wbrian » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi All!
This weekend (8-14/17), I am coming up to Equinunk PA; just south of the Delaware river. I believe it's Wayne county. My sister's property is right across a road from a creek which runs off of the delaware. If it's state property, can I take a mini sluice and some pans and bring my nephews down into the creek and pan a bit? I've never been in a creek panning before as I live in virginia beach and there is nothing gold bearing this far east. All my panning is done in my backyard with purchased cons.

Thanks for any info!

Re: northeast pa???

Postby goldlady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 am

Hi wbrian,
If you are talking about PA State Game Lands, NO!!!
And if it' private property you want to get permission.
Good luck!!!

Return to General