northeast pa???

General

northeast pa???

Postby mmmdrum » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:22 am

im in warren county nj...any ideas how far northeast it may be possible to find some color??

thanks again,matt.
mmmdrum

Postby Jkrem » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 am

Hi,

Check out the glacial map at this address:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/topogeo/maps/map59.pdf

Supposedly the yellow lines mark deposits of glacial till. Hope this helps.
Jkrem

Postby goldpanner » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey,,, I seen a Warren County NJ post,,, I live there too.... once read that gold crystals were found in South Harmony NJ , warren county. I live there and alot of metamorhic rock /
goldpanner

Postby pacomdiver » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 pm

is there any in the delaware? the map shows yellow it the area, but ive only found lots of black sand, but no color
pacomdiver

Postby goldpanner » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:15 pm

You know one of the minerals on display in the Franklin Zinc mine museum and found at that mine is gold, and its visable. I am sure that NJ has it in other places as a host metal.
goldpanner

Postby jsgoldny » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:35 pm

goldpanner, you will have to come up next year and visit us in the Finger Lakes area of NY. Yes we do have gold here. jsgoldny :D
jsgoldny

Re: northeast pa???

Postby wbrian » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi All!
This weekend (8-14/17), I am coming up to Equinunk PA; just south of the Delaware river. I believe it's Wayne county. My sister's property is right across a road from a creek which runs off of the delaware. If it's state property, can I take a mini sluice and some pans and bring my nephews down into the creek and pan a bit? I've never been in a creek panning before as I live in virginia beach and there is nothing gold bearing this far east. All my panning is done in my backyard with purchased cons.

Thanks for any info!
Brian
wbrian

Re: northeast pa???

Postby goldlady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 am

Hi wbrian,
If you are talking about PA State Game Lands, NO!!!
And if it' private property you want to get permission.
Good luck!!!
goldlady@windstream.net
goldlady

Return to General